Location: Ridgeway, VA
Type of position: full-time
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OR SUMMARY:
The System and Network Administrator is primarily responsible for maintaining the companies’ corporate infrastructure. Provides network, server and PC support duties including troubleshooting, application issues and server administration as well as installing updates and administration of network infrastructure.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Managing, monitoring and maintaining optimal performance and security of IT systems
- Managing, monitoring and maintaining the IT infrastructure at the level enabling efficient work of the company
- Set up of computer hardware, software and peripheral devices
- Cooperation and contact with suppliers and contractors of IT infrastructure
- Performing installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of end user computing hardware, software, and peripheral devices.
- Backup network data
- Configure security settings or access permissions for groups or individuals
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATIONAL SKILLS and EXPERIENCE:
- BS/BA Bachelor’s Degree in a technical discipline such as Computer Science (comparable IT experience)
- Min 2 years administrative experience is required, preferably within a manufacturing environment
- Strong IT skills in:
- Microsoft Windows systems (installation, configuration and operation)
- Server and VPN configuration
- LAN/WAN security
- Office equipment (printers, scanners, fax machines, etc).
- Attention to detail with analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task