Location: Stoneville (NC)
Type of position: full-time, 2nd shift
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OR SUMMARY:
Manage the production shift to achieve safety, quality and production goals. This individual is responsible for overseeing employees, maintaining production schedules, upholding policies and procedures, ensuring quality, and other developmental activities for the technical aspects of the glass fabrication.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Observe workers and performs production jobs to acquire knowledge of methods, processes and standards required for performance of departmental duties of the shift.
- Analysis of the planned task and monitoring of the completed tasks.
- Ensuring that manufacturing equipment and machines are operated by trained and qualified employees according to relevant instructions.
- Ongoing review of working time records in accordance with the applicable schedule and approval of the monthly job sheet issued by the foreman, taking into account the applicable Work Regulations.
- Manage continuous improvements projects and scrap reduction processes.
- Ensuring that the workplace is kept neat and tidy and OHSE and fire safety regulations are observed.
- Monitors departmental KPI’s and holds meetings with employees.
- Provides leadership to make sure proper customer service, safety, 5S, quality, delivery, and productivity goals are in place and are promptly accomplished.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATIONAL SKILLS and EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma required, College Degree beneficial but not required.
- Strong leadership skills and experience desired.
- Strong knowledge of production management methods including lean manufacturing.
- Good analytical and problem‐solving skills.
- Good computer skills to create analysis in Excel, write reports, business correspondence and procedure/training manuals.