Location: Ridgeway (VA)
Type of position: full-time, 2nd and 3rd shift
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OR SUMMARY:
The Maintenance Electrician works with and supports production team to keep company wide equipment running. This individual ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance, troubleshooting malfunctions and repairing or installing factory equipment and machinery.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Setup, install and repair production, building equipment and specialty machines.
- Check, maintain, repair and replace automation lines, high pressure steam, air/gas lines, electrical/electronic controls, piping and tubing.
- Read technical manuals to understand equipment and controls.
- Diagnose problems, determine extent of repairs and estimate labor time.
- Disassemble machinery/equipment, repair or replace broken or malfunctioning components.
- Inspect equipment for proper lubrication and perform preventative maintenance duties.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATIONAL SKILLS and EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or equivalent required; additional education and is a plus.
- Good electrical, electronic and mechanical skills and capable of operating hand, power and specialized tools.
- Reading electric schematics.
- Experience troubleshooting PLCs
- Good analytical and problem‐solving skills.
- Ready to work on the 1st shift for 6-12 weeks while on initial training.
Paid Time Off
Fair Compensation System (salary matrix, raises)
Group Health Benefits (Medical, Dental and Vision with employer contribution)
401K Retirement Plan
Group Supplemental Insurance
Purchase of Company Products
Stable Work Environment