Location: Ridgeway, VA
Type of position: full-time
All Glass Systems Estimator
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OR SUMMARY:
The All Glass Systems Estimator will be translating customer supplied drawings and/or blueprints, performing detailed take-off of necessary glass as well as providing quotations to customers.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Reviews all architectural drawings, specifications, and addenda for the project.
- Calculates product costs based on analysis of project specifications raw material yield
- Record calculations into data base
- Prepare and communicate customer proposal
- Manages project from receiving customer order, order acknowledgment, and delivery.
- Prepares a complete quantity information for all materials for project based on project schedule.
- Processes purchasing orders for raw material (hardware) for All Glass Entrance projects.
- Confers with customers, sales and production teams to resolve issues, determine lead time to meet project requirements
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATIONAL SKILLS and EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma required; additional education is a plus
- At least 2 years of experience in a similar position in the glass industry
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) with the ability to quickly learn new systems
- Excellent mathematical skills
- Attention to detail with analytical and problem‐solving skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines.